Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6th, 2009

So my local camera club is hosting a local competition on the Color Blue. All entries must have a subject with the predominant color blue in them. Anytime I enter a competition, I want to put something in that likely hasn't been shot or seen before. I think this image qualifies. It's something I've always wanted to try . . . and the competition gave me the perfect excuse to give it a shot!

Captured with the Nikon 50mm shooting on full manual mode. My shutter speed was 250th of a second - the highest sync speed to captured a flash photograph. My f-stop was f/5.0 to make sure the front and back of the glass - and everything in between was in focus. I fired off two flashes - one lighting the background - the other lighting the glass from the side - with the Nikon SU800. I had my beautiful assistant - my wife - pour some mouthwash from a measuring cup into the glass and just fired away. Repeated the set-up three times to give me some different selections and - as is always the case with me - my very first shot is the one I choose! ISO is set to 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment