Sunday, December 27, 2009

December 27th, 2009

Sunsets are always great subjects for me . . . I love shooting them. They are one of the most peaceful subjects to shoot. Inevitably, I end up shooting most sunsets on full manual mode as the lighting conditions trick the camera into an exposure that gives you muddy color. I find a nice fast shutter speed give nice, rich color each and every time, but in auto or Aperture mode, the camera will try and find a happy medium for your shadows and highlight. Take control and you get a better shot.

Captured at f2.8 - I focused on the tree branches, rather than the sun and clouds behind them. My shutter speed was set to 1/8000th of a second, ensuring that I would completely silhouette everything but the colorful backdrop. ISO is down to 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment