Thursday, December 17, 2009

December 17th, 2009

Anytime a bunch of flowers make it into my house, I have to shoot them . . . and the bouquet that came yesterday, courtesy of our friend Jane, had some Calla Lily in them. The Calla Lily is a marvelous subject to photograph - so don't be surprised to see this one again as the leaves open and it becomes even more photogenic!

This was captured with the Nikon 50mm prime at a 60th of a second at f/1.8 with an ISO of 100. I used natural lighting coming in from a dining room window to light the scene. As I do most of my shooting on Aperture Priority mode, the camera kept giving me a very hot image, meaning it was blowing out my highlights . . . switching to Manual mode and dialing in the correct shutter speed gave me the control I need to capture a nice image.


No comments:

Post a Comment