Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 30th, 2009

Artist's tools have always fascinated me . . . I use lenses and a camera body to capture a scene while they use a variety of brushes to create their own vision of a scene - or even something unimaginable until they put it down on canvas. I love to talk with artists, watch them work . . . see their own improvisational skills at work. I try very hard to keep that spirit alive in my own work as a photographer . . .

This was captured with the Nikon 50mm prime at 1/6000th of a second at f/1.8. My ISO is down at 100. The reason for the high shutter speed was this mug full of brushes was sitting in a window with direct access to the afternoon sunlight . . . it was streaming in the window giving me wonderful natural lighting to work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment