Saturday, December 12, 2009

December 12th, 2009

I was lucky to have a friend who needed a portrait session. It went so well that I knew I had my Image of the Day for today. Portraits have always been one of my weaker spots. I get so wrapped up in the techno babble - lights, aperture, shutter speed - all that stuff - that I usually ending up with very stiff, unusable portraits. Not so last night . . . I think, because I was so familiar with the subject, a family friend who is a whole lot of fun - not to mention beautiful - I just had a blast and we simply did a great photo shoot. Were there some technical difficulties, yes - of course. But I just didn't let them bog me down - had a blast!

This was shot with the Nikon 70-200mm VR with Claudia, my muse in this case, sandwiched between to Nikon Speedlights and one TD-5 Spiderlite. My shutter speed was 60th of a second, f-stop at f2.8 and my ISO is down to 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment