Tuesday, May 12, 2009

May 12th, 2009

This shot is done with my D100 that has been converted to shoot in the infrared spectrum. I've seen IR photography covered in the various trade publications and online and had been dying to try it out. My recent trip out to Savanna was the perfect opportunity to break the camera out this season! I say that, cause the images really have the most impact when there's some green foliage in the shot. What happens is, you set a custom white balance on the camera and everything green in the shot becomes this ethereal white . . . The cemetery shot from a few days ago was also shot with this camera. It also works wonders when there are clouds in the sky - making them more dramatic - sadly, there were only clear skies in Savanna the day I was shooting with the IR camera, but I still got some amazing images!

This was captured with the Sigma 10-20mm at f8.0 with a shutter speed of 800th of a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment