Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26th, 2009

It's that season again where I have to play responsible homeowner and get rid of some unwanted squatters. That said, doesn't mean I can't document their illegal occupation of parts of my home . . . I swear, I must have at least a dozen of these small hornet's nests all around the house. I thought a close up of the different chambers on this one would be neat . . . but as soon as I tripped the shutter, one of the hornets (or is that a wasp? I can't tell the difference) showed up to add on to their home. I snapped off a dozen or so shots before he got wise to me and started doing some fly-bys. I took heed and retreated to my office to see what I got.

Shot with the Sigma 70-300 at 500th of a second at f5.6 with an ISO of 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment