Friday, May 22, 2009

May 22nd, 2009

Here is one of my favorite shots from my trip out to Fort Mifflin. This was actually shot outside the walls of the fort and a bit of a hike away from the location. It's such a beautiful place, yet very eery and just a bit creepy!

Now about the process I used for this image. This was shot with my D100 converted for Infrared photography. When I brought this into Adobe Lightroom, I utilized a technique called cross processing. What this means is, had I shot this on film, the standard chemical process for developing the film is called C-41 . . . rather than developing the film the standard way, I would have had the lab process the film as Slide film - which uses a totally different chemical process . . . so when this happens, there's a dramatic color shift in the image . . . add to this the Infrared technique and you get the wild image you see below! Of course, I did all this digitally . . . but having the background helps legitimize the effect.

Captured with the Sigma 10-20 at f8.0 at 200th of a second. ISO - 100.

1 comment: