Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 21st, 2009

Simplicity . . . Never underestimate the impact of simplicity when making an image. Sometimes the most basic of shots becomes a powerful piece in your body of work. So any time I am out shooting, I am always looking around for something very simple and basic. This Lilly pad is just what I was looking for. It tells a story . . . or I think it does, anyway . . . why did this particular Lilly pad sprout up all by itself when a entire colony of pads were just a dozen feet away? What creature of the earth is making a meal out of the edges? I always want my images to inspire imagination - whether I know it at the time of exposure or not - sometimes it's a subconscious effort on my part!

This was shot with the Tamron 28-80 at f5.6 at 60th of a second. ISO 100

3 comments:

  1. Paul, I just love all the shots from Fort Mifflin, I can't wait to see them all. You are so discustingly talented, and I mean that in the nicest way possible :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. simple and stunning! is this one you shot today? where at if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Robyn . . . should have the gallery up very soon!

    This shot is still from the Fort Mifflin trip, ClayMuse . . . will be featuring those images up until Sunday. Thanks for the kind words, as always!

    ReplyDelete