Friday, November 27, 2009

November 27th, 2009

They say, the best photo you've ever taken is only 10 feet away . . . so I decided to try this out for myself . . . I picked a spot in the woods, planted myself and just absorbed what was around me. There was a whole lot of dead or dormant foliage laying around. The colors were very muted . . . not much to go on . . . I slowly did a 360 degree sweet and my eyes picked up on some color . . . some red berries standing out in stark contrast to the monochrome background of the late-Autumn setting. And you know what? The theory is sound - it may not be an award winning image, but it's a heck of a shot, I think . . .

Captured with the Nikon 70-200mm VR shooting wide open at f2.8 with a shutter speed of 1/60th of a second. ISO is down to 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment