Thursday, November 19, 2009

November 19th, 2009

So I hosted a 'movie night' for my local camera club last night . . . the film was National Geographic's The Photographers. As we're watching these seasoned pros making images that impact entire civilizations, I am realizing how much technology has advanced. Today's instant gratification of seeing your images as you capture them wasn't around back when these guys were shooting and it got me thinking . . . an interesting exercise for today's digital shooters would be to turn off your image preview - and don't peek! Pick a subject that isn't going to ruin you if you mess up, and fill up a memory card using just your gut and your brains. Here's what I came up with . . . 

Captured with the Nikon 50mm prime shooting at an 80th of a second. My aperature is wide open at f/1.8 and I have my ISO set to 500. Converted to Black and White in Adobe Lightroom 3 Beta. 


No comments:

Post a Comment