Monday, November 16, 2009

November 16th, 2009

One of the things I remind myself to do every once and a while is to have fun with the camera. Last night, while waiting for a concert to start and in between snap shots of the family and such, I experimented with my point and shoot - slowing down the shutter speed, spinning the camera. You never know what you'll get out of simply playing . . . a technique I highly recommend!

Shot with the Nikon p6000 set to Shutter Priority Mode where I dialed in a full 1 second exposure. Then I picked a point in the shot and rotated the camera around that. As I was doing that, a guy with a similar point and shoot camera leaned over to his wife and say 'now how the heck did he do that?' Spent five minutes with him and showed him how . . . for which he was very grateful . . . I love my job!


2 comments:

  1. Very cool. Sounds funny, but I bought my 5yo son an inexpensive digital camera (not a kid's camera) for his birthday last month - he gets cool stuff like this all the time and has really inspired me to take a break and have a little fun every now and then. He took some awesome pictures of some sunflowers - with the white balance set to "OMG!" - they look like old burnd out photos that were hand colored. I'm thinking of framing them. They're just that good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic . . . encourage that sort of abstract thinking! It's a wonderful gift to have!

    ReplyDelete