Friday, October 9, 2009

October 9th, 2009

Today marks the halfway point in my year long Photo-a-Day challenge. I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it's been, not only my time behind the camera - coming up with new and interesting shots for your viewing pleasure - but also all the very generous feedback I am getting from followers of this blog and all the other social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace and twitter.

So on this 6-month anniversary, I am re-launching PaulMichaelKane.com with a new look and some new images . . . and without further ado, here is this month's anniversary video followed by today's image of the day!



Today's image is my ode to the written word. I am an avid reader of all sort of literature. Be it popular fiction like James Patterson or Clive Cussler - Just wrapped up Dan Brown's newest, The Lost Symbol . . . or classic works by Poe and Conan Doyle. I collect first edition books like the worst sort of addiction out there. I have some rare manuscripts with hand written notes by their authors . . . and a treasured 1920 edition of Edgar Allan Poe's work in this beautiful, hand tooled leather binding. So what more fitting image for me to shoot than that of the written word!


Captured with the Sigma 70-300mm at f/4 at a full second exposure. ISO is way up to 800 for this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment