Wednesday, October 21, 2009

October 21st, 2009

Last night, I was up to some crazy hours trying to capture the Orionid meteor shower but apparently, the neighboring town of Franklin was putting out too much light for me to get a decent shot of them. In my attempts, I only saw about 3 with the naked eye and didn't get any on 'film.' Was a great learning experience for me, though . . . and I learned just how quickly cold temperatures can kill the batteries on even my high-end camera! Now - I need a nap!

Shot with the Nikon D2x and the Sigma 10-20mm. The entire exposure was manual with my shutter speed set to 'Bulb' so I could time my capture between 5 and 15 minutes. I was shooting at f/8 - which is the sweet spot on the Sigma 10-20. Everything was mounted on a tripod and tripped with a cable release.

No comments:

Post a Comment