Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October 28th, 2009

The more I work on this project, the more excited I get about it! This is from the third shoot for the Ford GT book due out next year. For having never really shot cars before, I am finding these shots to be some of the strongest in my body of work. This is why I enjoy photography - you never know where it's going to take you.

Shot with the Nikon 70-200mm at a 20th of a second at f/14. ISO is down to 100. The technique for this shot is called panning and can be a bit tricky. Notice the front end of the car is sharp, but the rest of the image is streaked and blurry . . . for every one 'select' image, you're going to have 10 other shots that are not usable - but to me, that's part of the fun!

1 comment:

  1. Getting paid to take pictures of Mustangs? Now that's a dream job! And what a great picture!!

    ReplyDelete