Monday, October 12, 2009

October 12th, 2009

So I did a Google Map search for some historic locals around my town yesterday and discovered a cemetery dating back to Revolutionary War times. I love shooting cemeteries as they are all very beautiful and peaceful - and full of history. Ironic thing with this shot is shortly after shooting this, I had a brush with death as a log rolled off the trailer of a pickup - I narrowly avoided a front end collision with the log - managed to swerve out of the way but still hit it with my back tire, which blew out, sending the Baja into a skid. Me, the car and the cameras all survived, but there's nothing like a brush with Death to make you appreciate everything around you!

Captured with my Nikon D100 that's been converted to shoot IR. Taken with the Sigma 10-20mm at 1/1000th of a second at f/4 with an ISO of 100. Processed in Adobe Lightroom to give it a sepia tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment