Wednesday, October 14, 2009

October 14th, 2009

So part of what I do as a photographer is try to see the beauty in the mundane. Take these sockets hanging around on my work bench . . . I've only use like three of these things in my life. One for the fastenings on my tripod, once to fix a loose windshield wiper and the other use escapes me right now . . . but they are shiny and when you lump them together, they form patterns - patterns are very pleasing to the eye and, therefore, make for great subjects.

Captured with the sockets sitting on a light table and illuminated with the SB 900 from above for that specular highlight you see inside the socket. Shot at a 60th of a second a f5.6 with my ISO at 100. The only adjustment I made to the image was in Lightroom, where I finessed the white balance to give the overall shot a much 'cooler' feel - hence the blueish tint.


No comments:

Post a Comment