Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 11th, 2009

I love shooting family - er, that came out wrong! I enjoy photographing family - This is my niece, who is a cheerleader and was showing off some of her moves! The fun lasted long after the sun went down, but this gave me a wonderful opportunity to experiment with shooting subjects against a setting sun.

Captured at a 30th of a second with the Sigma 10-20mm. My f-stop was f/5 and I was shooting with an ISO of 100. Lit with the Nikon SB900 set to shoot rear curtain - this means the flash goes off just as the shutter is about to close. Usually, the flash goes off immediately when the shutter opens - setting it to rear curtain allows for a few things to happen. One, it allows more ambient light into the shot - giving me that wonderful sky you see in the background. Two, it allows for more movement to be captured yet still freezes enough of the subject to get a sharp shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment