Monday, June 8, 2009

June 8th, 2009

Sad to say, Dandelions were harmed in the making of today's image of the day! Can't believe how fast these things spout up! Just yesterday, I mowed a bunch of them down, but sure enough - there were several of these around this morning!

So I am reading a whole lot of photography books in preparation for some workshops I am taking later this year. Not technical manuals, mind you . . . more like photographic philosophy - or why we shoot what we shoot. One of the things I am trying to grasp is the concept of abstract photography - or trying to get my head around the fact that an image doesn't have to be sharp or technically made to be a pleasing image. Hence the dandelion's reappearance in the Photo-a-Day challenge! What do you think? Is this a pleasing image?

Shot with a sigma 70-300mm Macro set up on a tripod in my studio. Lit with a SB900 off camera at 60th of a second at f5.6. ISO is at 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment