Thursday, June 18, 2009

June 18th, 2009

We seem to be plagued by some bad weather this June of 2009 . . . and while that doesn't make for a great start to the 2009 summer season, it does make for some great photography! I've been trying to nail a lightning exposure during the day since forever! A nighttime shot is easy . . . the lightning makes the exposure for you as long as it's dark and you have your shutter open. During the day is a bit trickier.

Shot this at 5 seconds at f5.6 with the Sigma 10-20 on the camera. On a tripod - or as I like to call it, a three legged lightning rod.

4 comments:

  1. i'm so tired fo the rain! the other night when it was real bad one thunder rumble shook the house, and then the fire bells went off next door... but if the rain brings awesome shots like this.. well.. rain on.. rain on... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Glad I wasn't standing under that one! I can almost feel it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rain does bring out some great photo-ops . . . look at today's image for example! But yes - I am so ready for some sun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning work! I'm moved!

    ReplyDelete