Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 24th, 2009

Today is all about form and color . . . and I enjoyed this so much, I may be doing this for a few more days! Here was the challenge to myself - Take something mundane and make it interesting. So where to find something like this? A few steps from my office is my garage . . . a wealth of photographic opportunity if you know where to look. In corner of said garage is the plow for my John Deere tractor . . . my eyes gazed over it and saw the spring used to raise and lower the plow blade and I knew I had my shot! The great yellow background you see in this is the plow itself! So there you have it . . . something mundane, turned interesting by zooming in and using color and shape contrast to please the eye!

Captured with the Sigma 70-300mm Macro on the D2x. Lit with the SB900 firing straight up through a LumiQuest 80-20 flash modifier at a 60th of a second. f5.6 with an ISO of 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment