Friday, June 26, 2009

June 26th, 2009

I equate shots like this to fishing . . . takes a lot of time and patience, and when you get a bite, you still gotta fight it! This little guy just didn't want to poke his head out of the flower. I snapped away and got some great shots of his back end, but after what seemed an eternity, he finally backed out and gave me a decent shot!

Captured with the Sigma 70-300mm Macro at f5.6 at 400th of a second. Tripod mounted with an ISO of 100.

This weekend, I am off to not one, but two photographic workshops. The first is with Joe McNally and concentrates on small flash lighting. There will be models available and I'll be able to shoot them! On Sunday, I am doing a workshop at the Digital Photo Academy in NYC. All told, I should have some great shots to show off next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment