Thursday, April 23, 2009

April 23rd, 2009

So today's image of the day is inspired by Discovery Channel's show Time Warp. They slow things way down to see just what we miss by viewing things at normal speed . . . in last night's episode, they showed a sparkler going off at a thousand frames a second! I knew I had some left over sparklers –So I just had to try it.

Set the camera to shoot with a shutter speed of a full second at f11 with an ISO of 100. Grabbed the cable release and mounted the camera on a tripod. Once I lit the sparkler, I had my daugter just move it in an arc out in front of her . . . we both had a blast. Did you know that the actual sparkler reaches tempreatures of 3,000 degrees?!? Even the sparks themselves are that hot, but because they have no mass, they don't burn you. I just love watching the Discovery Channel!






No comments:

Post a Comment