Saturday, April 18, 2009

April 18th, 2009

We've done a whole lot of macro . . . so here we have a telephoto shot! I was actually outside shooting some crows who were huddling together, but they really didn't make for great subjects - I mean, they're crows. Then I saw this vapor trail and wanted to see how close up on the jet I could get . . . 300 millimeters later and this is what you get.

A lot of folks ask me how I get my skies so blue and assume it's some sort of Photoshop trick . . . it's rather simple to do in camera if you're willing to compromise a bit. The trick is to under-expose your shot - set your shutter speed to a higher number then you normally would – as long as whatever your shooting can stand the under-exposure, your skies will be a nice, rich blue!

This was shot on a tripod - a must when shooting at 300mm. 1/320 of a second and f5.6. ISO at 100

No comments:

Post a Comment