Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April 29th, 2009

Smoke . . . I love the elemental feel of this shot! Like clouds, people see different things in it . . . what do you see?

I've been wanting to try this since I got the new SB900 flash from Nikon. It's a relatively simple set up. Black backdrop, incense burning . . . camera on a tripod set to f8.0 and 1/250th of a second. I had two flashes set up for this . . . one atop the camera acting as a master light . . . which would set off the second flash, set up just behind and to the left of the smoke . . . the tricky part is trying to get everything in focus - but you know what? It's an abstract image, anyway . . . once I wrapped my head around that, all the technical stuff went away and the fun really began!

Don't forget to click on the image below to see the uncropped version . . . and for some more images from this shoot, head over to: http://www.pmkane.com/smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment