Friday, April 10, 2009

April 10th, 2009

So it's Good Friday and I am feeling very laid back today. Got to thinking about my photo of the day and wanted to do something to reflect my mood. Thought of candles and knew what I had to shoot!

I realize, of course, that this is another macro shot, but over the course of the next year, you'll get to see a whole host of images . . . from landscape to portraits and probably more macro stuff, too! I love macro stuff - I mean take a look at the wick of the candle . . . you can see the braids of the wick! Amazing lens!

Speaking of . . . this was shot with the Sigma 70-300mm macro at 250th of a second, f5.0. Since I was shooting with a flash, this was done handheld.

Also wanted to mention - as of last night, my new book, Captured: The Ruins of Eastern State Penitentiary is available! Click here to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment