Monday, August 3, 2009

August 3rd, 2009

It's only been a week, but I feel like it's been forever since I posted an image of the day! After a long weekend out at San Diego Comic Con, promoting the Konxari Cards and the new Beatles: The White Album - and then returning to a crashed computer, I had to prioritize my getting back into the swing of things and Photo-a-Day sadly had to be put on hiatus. But now it's back - with a roar, no less!

This was captured at Space Zoo Farms over the weekend. Not the best zoo for photographing animals as they are all behind chain link fences, but in this case, the Lion was far enough back and I used a shallow enough depth of field to make the links disappear. I do like how the cage comes across his face as he tilted his head up towards the heavens . . . kinda sad, when you think about it . . .

Captured with the Nikon 70-200mm VR at 320th of a second, f2.8 with an ISO of 100.


1 comment:

  1. Took my breath away. He looks so reagal, even though he's caged.

    ReplyDelete