Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 16th, 2009

I think I mentioned I am a sucker for sunset shots . . . on a near cloudless day such as this, it helps to anchor your sunset with something, like the trees in the foreground. This was taken just outside my daughter's new Kindergarten class . . . there's a baseball diamond and I think a soccer field below in the space that is all blacked out.

The trick to shooting a decent sunset shot with today's cameras - packed with so many technical wonders that it will often give you an exposure that will wash out your sunsets - is to switch the camera to manual, thus turning off many of those bells and whistles that come with your camera!

This was shot on manual mode at 250th of a second with the Nikon 50mm set to f5.6 with an ISO of 200.


No comments:

Post a Comment