Friday, August 28, 2009

August 28th, 2009

First up, I gotta wish my mom a Happy Birthday . . . If there's one person most responsible for my passion for everything creative, it's her. She's simply the most creative person I've ever come across - Let's put it this way, she could be the love child of Martha Stewart and MacGyver! Happy Birthday, Mom . . . I Love You!

Onto the subject of today's image of the day. I wanted to do something elegant with only available light to really push the limits of the camera's ISO setting and the fast glass of the Nikon 50mm 1.8. So as I sat, pondering a subject, I realize she's staring at me from across the room! This is Giuseppe Armani's Juliette - as in Romeo and . . . the only available light comes from the 46 inch plasma TV on the wall . . . God, I love this lens!!

Captured with the Nikon 50mm prime wide open at 1.8. ISO is way up there at 800, giving me a shutter speed of a 30th of a second.


1 comment:

  1. There's something about this exposure that just rocks. I think its the colour and vignetting. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete