Thursday, January 7, 2010

January 7th, 2010

Where do I find my inspiration . . . everywhere and everything around me. This shot was inspired by a recent episode of Mythbusters where the guys tested and confirmed the myth of explosive decompression. The prop was bought at one of my favorite prop shops - Home Goods. Seriously, on any given day, you can find all sorts of great props for cheap at Home Goods. Antique looking things, regional/cultural decor . . . it's a great place to shop! I just picked up an amazing floor to ceiling mirror for my studio for under $100!

This was captured with the Nikon 70-200mm VR shooting wide open at f2.8 with a shutter speed of 1/60th of a second at an ISO of 100. Lit from below and to the left by two Nikon Speedlights and fired remotely from an SU800 commander unit.



No comments:

Post a Comment