Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23rd, 2010

One of my favorite quotes goes something like this - "Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others." It's what I want my photography to say about me as a creative professional. Someone passes this subject and sees a simple air conditioner . . . I see a pattern . . . a symmetry . . . I see a pleasing composition that I wish to share with others. Am I trying to convince you that it's something other than what you're seeing? No. It's an air conditioner - but I'd be failing at my task if I didn't try to make you see that simple air conditioner in a different light.

Captured with the Nikon 50mm prime wide open at f/1.8 at 1/400th of a second. ISO is down to 100.


2 comments:

  1. Wow Paul. This shot is gorgeous. Not only well seen, but beautifully composed. Love it!
    Really dug the rose series too.
    Keep inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wayne . . . Very glad to hear you like the Rose series. That was a lot of fun!

    -pmk

    ReplyDelete