Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 5th, 2009

As promised, here is the first of my fireworks shots from last night at Camelback Mountain in The Poconos. Spent the night with my brother, his family, and my family . . . a fantastic time - I'll be updating this post later today with the entire gallery, including candid family shots!

Fireworks couldn't be easier to shoot . . . in fact, as I am writing this, I am thinking of posting a video tutorial on how to shoot fireworks - I realize it's too late for this year, but it'll be perfect to gear you up for next season! This shot was captured on a tripod and tripped by a cable release attached to the camera. Set the camera to manual at f/11 with the shutter speed set to BULB. This means the shutter stays open for as long as I keep the button down. You time each shot visually - this is so easy, in fact, I shot the entire night from a lounge chair . . . all that was missing was my signature Mojito!

Keep an eye out later today for the rest of the gallery!

EDIT - Full gallery is up at: http://www.pmkane.com/4th_2009/

No comments:

Post a Comment