Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16th, 2009

Those familiar with my work on the Konxari Cards (www.konxari.com) should recognize this subject. I used the garden statue for both the Angel and Demon cards. This is the first shot from my brand new Nikon 50mm 1.8 prime lens. What's that mean? It being a 50mm prime lens means if I want to zoom in or go wide, rather than turning the dial on a lens, I get the old legs working and step closer or move further away . . . this is old school! The 1.8 means I get some great blurring in the background if I set up the shot right . . . and also allows me to shoot in some crazy, low light situations . . . I've got a wedding coming up - I don't normally shoot weddings, too much stress - but this lens is perfect for those kind of low-light, artistic compositions!

This was shot at 750th of a second at f1.8 with my ISO set to 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment