Saturday, July 11, 2009

July 11th, 2009

One of the things I love to do when shooting on location is to ignore the big picture and focus in on the details. I've gotten some of my best work in following that simple mantra. The cover of my book, Captured: The Ruins of Eastern State Penitentiary is a simple shot of a lamp, hanging in a shower room. On image that is of particular worth in my body of work is a simple shot of newspaper abandoned on a park bench. While there certainly was more photogenic stuff around for me to shoot, it's the details that caught my eye! Here we are at a marina where boats are bobbing in the morning tide, a fog is lifting, revealing a beautiful day and I am crouched over a mooring, taking a shot of a rope!

Shot with the Sigma 70-300mm Macro at 250th of a second at f/5.6. ISO is set to 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment