Friday, March 12, 2010

March 12th, 2010

There are some days where I question my choice to become a creative professional . . . and this week was full of them. Has nothing to do with the creative process - I LIVE FOR THAT. The aspect that I don't always come to terms with is the business end. The unreasonable deadlines . . . the extraordinary expectations . . . I could do without those, sometimes . . . which is why, on this Friday afternoon, I am thinking of nothing but quitting time and drowning myself in some sort of chilled beverage of choice . . . hence the martini glass you see below.

Captured with the Sigma 70-300mm Macro. This was lit with two flashes - and the fun part is to paint the scene with light, rather than blast it. A lot of times, people don't think that a flash can be controlled or applied . . . it's just another tool to help bend, shape and control light - the subject of every photograph! Shot at f/8 with a shutter speed of 250th of a second. ISO is down to 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment