Thursday, September 17, 2009

September 17, 2009

Part of the fun in doing this photo-a-day challenge is looking around with renewed interest. Many of the decorations that adorn my home are featured as images of the day. This urn, for instance, rests above my stove in the kitchen. So I am standing in the kitchen this morning, having a grapefruit when I start looking closer at the urn. It's got all this texture to it and color - love the color . . . So I take it down off the cabinet and start photographing it. Sometimes, that's all it takes to find an image!

Shot with natural lighting using the Nikon 50mm prime with a shutter speed of a 30th of a second at f/1.8. I turned my ISO up to 600 so I could handhold the shot. 


1 comment:

  1. Love this shot. The texture of the wood.. the color... fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete