Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1st, 2010

So I am sitting on the couch last night watching some cartoons on TV with Peyton . . . when she asks if she could go play on the computer. I realize how fortunate our kids are to have such wonderful technologies that weren't available to us as kids . . . so I wanted to get a shot of her using the laptop. I set up a remote flash just to the left of the computer screen as the screen itself wasn't bright enough to illuminate her face, but I wanted to give off that impression. I waited until she had a sufficiently bored expression and snapped the shot.

Captured with the Nikon 70-200mm VR at f/8 with a shutter speed of a 30th of a second, utilizing a technique called "rear curtain" or slow sync flash - where the flash goes off just as the shutter is about to close rather than as soon as the shutter opens. This give the exposure more ambient light. ISO is down to 100.


No comments:

Post a Comment